May 4-6, 2001
The 39th Annual Cornell Topology Festival was held
May 4-6, 2001. There were eight one-hour invited talks, a table for
preprints*, and many interesting conversations.
The festivities began on Friday,
May 4, with tea at 3:30 PM followed by the first talk at 4:30 PM and a
banquet on Friday evening. The festival
ended at noon on Sunday. A detailed schedule and abstracts of the talks are available.
- MIGUEL ABREU (Technical University of Lisbon)
THE TOPOLOGY OF SYMPLECTOMORPHISM GROUPS
- DANIEL ALLCOCK (Harvard University)
REFLECTION GROUPS ON THE OCTAVE HYPERBOLIC PLANE
- DANNY CALEGARI (Harvard University)
PROMOTING ESSENTIAL LAMINATIONS
- ROBIN FORMAN (Rice University)
THE DIFFERENTIAL TOPOLOGY OF COMBINATORIAL SPACES
- JOHN ROGNES (University of Oslo)
TWO-PRIMARY ALGEBRAIC K-THEORY OF pointed SPACES
- DEV SINHA (Brown University)
THE TOPOLOGY OF SPACES OF KNOTS
- PETER TEICHNER (University of California at San Diego)
L-THEORY OF KNOTS
- GANG TIAN (Massachusetts Institute of Technology)
SYMPLECTIC SURFACES IN RATIONAL COMPLEX SURFACES
*A Klein bottle donated by Acme Klein bottles was awarded to
a randomly selected contributor to the preprint table.
Questions and comments may be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The picture at the top of this page comes from The
Last modified: Mon May 7 09:13:25 EDT 2001