I am an NSF Mathematical Sciences Postdoctoral Fellow at Cornell University, sponsored by Professor Tara Holm. Cornell University is located on the traditional homelands of the Gayogo̱hó꞉nǫ' (the Cayuga Nation): land acknowledgement.
My interests are in symplectic and contact geometry and interactions with low-dimensional topology and dynamics. Specifically, I use embedded contact homology to understand Reeb dynamics on contact three-manifolds, with applications to dynamics on surfaces and four-dimensional symplectic embeddings. MSC 53, 57, and occasionally 37.
Media: recently, an article about my research on 4D symplectic embeddings appeared in Quanta.
In 2019 I graduated from the University of California, Berkeley, where my thesis advisor was Professor Michael Hutchings. From 2019-2021 I was an RTG Lovett Instructor at Rice University, mentored by Professor Jo Nelson.
- My CV, a Fall 2022 research statement, and a postcard summary of my research.
- Email: email@example.com
- Office: 571 Malott Hall
Upcoming Conferences and Travel
- University at Buffalo geometry and topology seminar, February 2023. Buffalo, NY.
- Interactions between Symplectic and Holomorphic Convexity in 4 Dimensions, April 2023, BIRS, Banff, Canada.
- Cornell Topology Festival, May 2023, Ithaca, NY.
- Dynamische Systeme, July 9-15, 2023, Mathematisches Forschungsinstitut Oberwolfach, Germany.
You may have met me recently at...
- Floer homotopical methods in low dimensional and symplectic topology, November 2022, MSRI/SLMSI, Berkeley, CA.
- GATSBY seminar, November 5, 2022, Providence, RI.
- MIT symplectic seminar, October 27, 2022, Boston, MA.
- Edinburgh Algebraic and Symplectic Geometry seminar, October 12, 2022.
- Perspectives in equivariant topology, October 2022, Cologne, Germany.
- Convexity in contact and symplectic topology, a conference in honor of the 60th birthday of Emmanuel Giroux, July 2022, Paris, France. Slides from my talk on Staircase patterns in Hirzebruch surfaces, with a few typos fixed (in particular, Hind-Lisi reference added.)
- Kylerec: Quantitative symplectic geometry, June 2022, Truckee, CA.
- Cornell Topology Festival, May 2022, Ithaca, NY.
- Braids in Low-Dimensional Topology, April 2022, Providence, RI.
My mathematical YouTube channel.
6/5/20: I spoke about Infinite staircases for Hirzebruch surfaces in the Symplectic Zoominar. This 20-minute Zoom talk can be viewed here; slides. The main theorem is now stronger than it was on 6/5/20.
5/1/20: I spoke about Embedded contact homology of prequantization bundles in the Western Hemisphere Virtual Symplectic Seminar with Jo Nelson. This Zoom talk can be viewed here; slides.
12/3/18: I spoke about my thesis work Mean action of periodic orbits of area-preserving annulus diffeomorphisms at the IAS. This talk can be viewed here.